My name is Karise Wilson (nee Grummett) and I am a Physiotherapist originally from Canada. I’ve been living on the Gold Coast since 2004 and have been working as a Physio since 2007.
I have always had a keen interest in injury rehabilitation, as a kid growing up I played every sport I could and subsequently spent a lot of time in the Physio clinic! Back in my day, however, a lot of injuries were treated with machines and I always thought that there had to be a better way.
My passion is musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and have been working in this area since 2008. I love helping people recover from injury and like to take the time to really dig in and discover the cause of the injury and not just treat the symptoms. I have a patient-centered approach and this is why I choose to only treat one person at a time and not 4 or 5 at once!
My main treatment modalities are: Western Acupuncture/Dry Needling, Exercise, Scenar Therapy, Manual Therapy and massage.
In 2012, I designed and created MobilizeMe – a mobility application for smart phones with the aim to provide people the tools to manage their bodies and allow them to perform day in, day out at the gym. MobilizeMe is like how-to guide of stretching, foam rolling and trigger point release complete with video, step-by-step instructions and photos. Head to www.mobilizemeapp.com to download.
For bookings head to www.mobilizemephysio.com/bookings or click here.
- Bachelor of Exercise Science (UBC, Canada)
- Master of Physiotherapy Studies
- Crossfit Mobility & Movement Certified
- Australian Weightlifting Federation – Level 1 Coaching
- Dry Needling & Western Acupuncture Introductory Course
- Advanced Musculoskeletal Segmental Dry Needling: Lumbar Spine & Lower Limb
- Treatment of Pelvis & Lumbar Spine: Manual Therapy & MET for Lumbo-pelvic region
- The Everyday Shoulder Course
- Mike Reinold’s Online Shoulder Course
- RockTape certified
Get In Touch
Please click the button to the right, provide your details and we will be in touch